While playing golf you need to have an idea of the course, if not, even your best strokes will be of no use. If you are golfing with a caddie then you can gain insight about the course and will also be able to select the right club and estimate proper distance. If you do not wish to avail the services of a caddie you can use a Golf GPS.
Golf GPS is available in the form of either a watch or a handheld device similar to a smart phone. Once the device tracks your location the GPS can provide you with detailed information about several factors. Some of the details it provides are elevation changes of hole, length of your last shot, location of hazards and length to the pin. The best golf GPS offers all these many more features.
Advantages of purchasing a golf GPS
- Measures the accurate distance between your location and the location of the current hole in play. You will also be able to find out the distance between your current position and various parts of the course. The details included are distance to the beginning and also the end of the fairway along with the overall length of the hole. The distance of all the hazards, along with the distances to access the hazard and to carry it are also provided by this device. This information along with the information about distances to the front, back and centre of the green save time and are quite useful. You no longer need to guess all the distances. The best golf GPS provides accurate information on distances which varies to within a few meters.
- The exact length of the shot is calculated by GPS devices. Most of the players do not know the exact distance to which they have hit and make assumptions without any proper basis. Most amateurs have no idea how far they hit and this device allows them to improve by providing the exact detail.
- Now, you no longer need a caddie. It is the responsibility of the caddie to know the course and advice players on which club to choose and the length of the shot. You are no longer clueless about these details nor do you need to hire a caddie to play a good game.
- You will no longer be stuck in an ignorant position since you know where and how to hit to bring the ball back onto the track, even if all you can see ahead are trees.
- Your shots become more confident since you know what you are doing and what you are facing. Unknown courses might lower your confidence however, information about all courses can be accessed via downloads.
- The speed of the game increases considerably due to a GPS device. It becomes quite easy to locate holes and plan shots thus taking up less time to cover a certain course.
- You can enjoy the game without facing any embarrassment even if you are not a pro. You will be proud of yourself and the improvements in your game.